Publication: Effects-based Management of New Zealand’s EEZ
Adoption of effects-based management, environmental effects-based management (EEM) or ‘learn as we go, is essential to open up access to all of New Zealand’s Maritime Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) resource base into the future.
- New Zealand Exclusive Economic Zone resource development is examined.
- Effects-based management is dependent on adoption of ‘learn as we go’.
- Security of Access requires taking stock of lessons from the past.
- Stakeholder buy in requires public backing for development of government ideals.
- Ensuring that social values do not limit development is critical.
PUBLICATION LINK: Perspectives on Effects-based Management