Ageing Multi-Asset Use Optimisation
At NRGscapes we assist the natural resource industry with the development of asset end-of-life resource initiatives.
Ageing Multi-Asset Use Optimisation: Oil and Gas Production, Shipping Fleet Fuel Consumption, Mine Closure, Power Grids and Satellite Decommissioning.
Quantifying uncertainty and sensitivity in activity risk and its contribution to the optimisation of existing resource activities and their alternatives is key because:
- The conventional business model of recycling fossil fuel revenues into replacing reserves is no longer valid.
- To limit the planet’s warming to 2 degrees Celsius and reduce the impact of global environmental change on humanity only 20% of proven coal, oil and gas reserves can be burnt by 2050.
- At the current rate of capital expenditure, the next decade will see over $6trn allocated to developing fossil fuels.
- With a limited and declining carbon budget, much of this money risks being wasted on unburnable assets.
- New business models are required.